UA. University of Colorado Boulder History and Records
Found in 119 Collections and/or Records:
Abstract Albert G. Barris was an undergraduate on the Boulder campus during the 1915-1916 academic year. He later received a Baccalaureate in Mechanical Engineering and resided in Aspen, Colorado. This small collection includes his student handbook for 1915-1916 and a photograph of him on his 90th birthday.
Abstract The Gamma Lambda Chapter of the Alpha Tau Omega Fraternity was installed at the University of Colorado in 1901. The Alpha Tau Omega Fraternity Photographs contain four photographs, dated 1926, of members of the fraternity as well as the fraternity’s house at 1300 Pennsylvania Avenue in Boulder, Colorado.
Scope and Contents Collection contains minutes; applications for membership; newsletters; secretary's files; President's files; correspondence; reports.
Dates: 1916 - 1973
Abstract The American Association of University Women (AAUW) is a national association of female faculty and college educated women for the development of women’s education and professional opportunities. The association was organized in Boston in 1882. The Boulder Branch was established in 1926, largely by the efforts of Antoinette Bigelow, Dean of Women of the University of Colorado.
Dates: 1984 - 1993
Dates: Existence: 2017
Abstract Reports and files related to the history of the Astrophysics Department at the University of Colorado.
Abstract The Benjamin S. Galland collection consists of drafts of newsletters written by University of Colorado law professor Galland for his friends and former students during WWII (1942-1945). Also included is return correspondence from these individuals (1942-1945), two newspaper clippings, a signed “Welcome Home Book” (1945), and a Unit history/year book of the 2766th Engineer Base Photomapping Company. Professor Galland taught at the University of Colorado from 1931 through the early 1950s.
Dates: 1942 - 1945
Abstract The Boulder Campus Planning Commission is a group of 25 members that advise the Chancellor of the University of Colorado Boulder onland use and planning issues regarding the campus. It was established in the late 1960's and was officially recognized by the University in 1971. The collection mainly consists of plans for remodeling many of the buildings in the University of Colorado Boulder from 1969 to 1988.
Dates: 1969 - 1988
Abstract The Staff Council has been serving the University of Colorado since 1962, when it was formed under the name, Staff Advisory Committee. Between 1972 and 1974, the university reorganized into four campuses, and the name of Boulder campus’s staff council was changed to the Boulder Campus Staff Council. The Staff Council is made up of University of Colorado Boulder staff and serves as the voice of the staff. The collection consists of the Staff Council’s constitutions, bylaws, minutes, records,...
Dates: 1962 - 2005
Abstract Records of the Boulder Faculty Assembly (BFA), the Boulder Campus portion of the elected Faculty Council, which developed due to the split of the University of Colorado into the four-campus system in 1974. After the separation, the Faculty Council acted as an assembly for the Boulder campus. Members moved to form a more representative Boulder Faculty Assembly, which was created in 1976. This organization took charge over Faculty Council affairs on the Boulder campus, including faculty...
Dates: 1974 - 2013
Dates: 1923 - 2008
Abstract The Byron L. Johnson Collection was donated, in part, by Byron L. Johnson in 1984. The remainder was relinquished by Steve Johnson, just prior to Byron’s death, in 1999. Additional portions exist in the Archives of the Colorado Historical Society and R.T.D.
Dates: 1908 - 1970
Abstract Collection of maps of the University of Colorado Boulder campus.
Dates: 1870 - 1993
Abstract Carolyn Talbot was a student at the University of Colorado Boulder during the Spring semester of 1958. This collection contains slides of campus and campus activities during that time.
Dates: 1958-02 - 1958-05
Abstract Center for Labor Education and Research (CLEAR) operated as a labor advocacy and education unit at the University of Colorado and as part of the CU Extension Center and Continuing Education from 1962-until the 1990s. The center promoted understanding of labor legislation, executive orders, etc., which regulated industrial and labor conditions, the court interpretations of the laws, and the governmental machinery for administrating the laws and orders.
Dates: 1943 - 1984
Abstract Republican Charles D. (Jim) Bromley (1899-1968) was elected to four six year terms as Regent of the University of Colorado (1928-1934, 1950-1956, 1956-1962, 1962-1968). The collection pertains to his last term and subsequent years. Included are correspondence, reports and legal matters concerning the University, as well as other regent business.
Abstract Charles F. Snow came to Boulder in 1908 as a free-lance photographer. By 1910, he purchased the studio of his partner Charles E. Gosha, and specialized in portrait photography. Throughout his early career, Snow considered himself to be the informal photographer of the University of Colorado. The University of Colorado Coloradan published a wide variety of his photographs of the University and its activities from 1917 to the 1930s. In addition, the collection contains negatives and prints of...
Dates: Majority of material found within 1908 - 1968
Abstract In his unpublished typescript autobiography, Charles Hayden (b.1872) describes Mexican customs in the Walsenburg area of Colorado in the 1880s and his own experiences as a coal miner, student at the University of Colorado, freighter into the San Luis Valley, and deputy attorney of Saguache County. The manuscript reflects Hayden's observations of people and his involvement in politics.
Dates: 1860 - 1921
Abstract This is a collection of memorabilia of Charlotte Collie and her family, including photos, diplomas, newspaper clippings, and articles. The granddaughter of Dr. Richard Bard of Boulder, Charlotte Collie was born in 1884 in the community of Sugar Loaf, later named Delphi and Wallstreet, Boulder County. An artist and teacher, Charlotte Collie graduated from the University of Colorado in 1906.
Dates: 1875 - 1906
Abstract The Arts and Science Faculty Oral History Project contains oral interviews from prominent retired faculty whose careers extended from World War II until the 1990s. Included are deans and faculty of the College of Arts and Sciences at the University of Colorado at Boulder. The project was undertaken by the Retired Faculty Organization from 1984 to 1993. Some of the audiotapes were transcribed using funds granted by the University of Colorado’s President's Office.
Dates: 1984 - 1993
Dates: 1925 - 1965
Abstract This small collection consists of five card files on topics taken from area newspapers during 1941-42. It is surmised that this is part of the collection of History Professor Percy Fritz. He had worked with Professor Hellems in collecting data for WWI and actively collected data on WWII, but only 1941-42 was catalogued. Except for the entries listed here, the remainder of his files on WWII are in uncatalogued state.
Dates: 1941 - 1945
Abstract The Conference on World Affairs is a one week event at the University of Colorado at which journalists, scholars, writers, musicians, government officials, and international figures meet to discuss world, national, local and personal affairs. The materials in the collection (1948-1998) include programs, audio tapes, video tapes, photographs, papers, and one oversize scrapbook.
Dates: 1948 - 1999
Abstract The University of Colorado’s Division of Continuing Education was originally called the Extension Center from 1912-1950s. The major objective of this division was to create a place for individuals to learn about information technology who were unable to attend a traditional four-year university. The collection contains the division’s records and files from the 1920s until the 1980s.
Dates: 1920 - 1989
Abstract The Campus Democrats (1980-1992) was a version of a long-term student Democratic organization at the University of Colorado Boulder dating back to 1932 and operating until the present under different names. The organization promoted the Democratic Party platform and candidates both in local politics and national campaigns. The collection contains documents, pamphlets, newspaper clippings, and photographs concerning the Campus Democrats organization and their efforts in promoting the Democratic...
Dates: 1980 - 1992
Abstract The University of Colorado Centennial Commission Collection contains the records of the commission’s planning and development of CU’s hundredth anniversary. Included are research materials used to create The University of Colorado, 1876-1976, written and edited by Fredric S. Allen, Mark S. Foster, Ernest Andrade, Jr., Phillip I. Mitterling, and H. Lee Scamehorn. All of the authors were professors of history from one of the three campuses’ History Departments. The Centennial Commission was...
Dates: 1975 - 1976
Abstract The University of Colorado College of Music was established in 1895 and has continued and expanded for more than one hundred years. The University of Colorado Music Library gathered these materials together into this collection. The collection consists of music programs, class lists, photographs, some correspondence, and news paper clippings in relation to the College.
Dates: 1877 - [1940 - 1992]
Scope and Contents The collection is comprised of handwritten English Composition assignments from the fall of 1922 to the spring of 1923 from multiple students. The assignments included the student names and the name of the instructors. The instructors include Mrs. Cross, Mrs. Romig, Mrs. Stone, Mrs. Sutherland, Miss Thornton, and Miss Van Duzee.
Dates: 1922 - 1923
Abstract Donated by the University of Colorado Heritage Center, includes 5 portraits of Sewall, Farrand, Hellems, Nichols, and Brackett. Information in this collection relates to University of Colorado History, specifically Professor Adolf Buseman, University of Colorado Athletic department and the Silver and Gold newspaper publication. Collection is unprocessed
Dates: 1880 - 1949