UA. University of Colorado Boulder History and Records
Found in 119 Collections and/or Records:
The Ski Club and Ski Team were formed in 1938, and rose to prominence in University of Colorado athletics through the 1940s, ‘50s, and ‘60s. The collection contains minutes, equipment orders, race results, membership lists, as well as other documentation of Ski Club and Ski Team activity from 1938 to 1986.
The C.U. World Citizens papers cover the years 1977-1990. These papers reflect group activities and issues of concern to its members. The files include articles, newspaper clippings, brochures, newsletters and publications. The collection's strength lies in the group scrapbooks which document general group activities and the Model U.N. program.
Daniel L. Yocom was a photographer in Boulder, Colorado. This collection contains many images of University of Colorado Boulder buildings. It also has photographs of businesses and dwellings in Boulder, Colorado as well as scenic mountain images of Colorado.
Edna Furness was a student at the University of Colorado from 1940 to 1951, studying for her graduate degrees. The collection includes her final examination papers, a list of her publications and her M.A. and Ph.D. Theses.
Eugene H. Wilson (1909-1986), was Library Director, Dean of Faculties, Vice President and President at the University of Colorado between 1943 and 1972. The collection contains information on the Coalition for Boulder’s Future, as well as, records relating to much of the financial and academic history of University of Colorado during his tenure.
Floyd G. Walters was an employee of the Photographic Department at the University of Colorado Boulder. His collection contains postcards, photographic prints and negatives, copper plate printing blocks, and photo calendars featuring Colorado scenery, the Flatirons, and the University of Colorado campus. Collection also contains production elements of the University of Colorado produced film, "The Product."
Geneva Coffin (1867-1936) was a teacher and principal in Glenwood Springs and Ft. Morgan Colorado. Coffin Graduated from the University of Colorado in 1892. Her collection contains essays and debates written by herself, as well as records from her years at the University of Colorado.
Geraldine Bean, a Boulder resident and University of Colorado Ph.D. in history, is an active Democrat and former chair of the Colorado Women's Political Caucus. She served on the Board of Regents for one six year term during the 1970's. The collection consists of a transcript of an oral history interview by David McComb in one of a series with Colorado leaders on the occasion of the state's centennial year, 1976.
Helen May Fischer was a student at the University of Colorado Boulder from 1907-1910. Mrs. Fischer’s collection consists of a diary; memorabilia of the University of Colorado; her work with the Women’s Clubs; and the political and social life of Boulder, Colorado.
Papers pertaining to the life of Henry A. Drumm (1857-1937). Scrapbooks including newspaper clippings, correspondence, personal notes, and photographs date from 1882 to 1911. The papers also include Drumm’s autobiography, begun in 1935, which does not appear to be complete. Drumm was the first graduate of the University of Colorado (1882), and was politically active during most of his life in Boulder. He was also a noted map maker.
The ICCS was organized in 1957 as a result of a national conference of 48 American educators at the University of Colorado. The conferees called for a greater use of talent and a central clearing house for honors programs at American colleges and universities. The ICCS collected and disseminated information and conducted conferences. The collection contains administrative files, honors surveys, research material and publications.
Dr. James Raymond Brackett was a Professor of English and Comparative Literature from 1884 to 1909, and Dean of the University of Colorado from 1909 to 1919. This collection consist of personal correspondence, receipts, checks, photographs, and reference files on the University of Colorado Graduate School. Also included are a set of photographs of the University of Colorado Boulder campus from a project that was supported by the University of Colorado Centennial Commission.
Janet Zuber was a member of the CU University Women’s Club in the 1950s. This collection includes a scrapbook and files from the Arizona alumni of the UWC (student), as well as information on the renovation of McKenna, the old UWC before the university designated it an academic building in 1960.
The Josephine B. Jones Collection contains photographs and mementos of student life at the University of Colorado in the early 1920s. The photos show various campus scenes and student activities such as Zeda Club and Dramatic Productions. There are also various clippings, student newspapers, and commencement programs.
Louise Smith was a student at the University of Colorado from 1928-1932. The Louise Smith Photographs include photographs of buildings, grounds, and events at the University during the 1920s and 1930s.
Martin F. Schmidt was a professor of business at the University of Colorado for more than two decades. He retired in the early 1980’s. The collection includes copies of research papers written by his students in the College of Business and Administration and extensive files containing information and data on railroads and transportation.
Musa Calkins was a University of Colorado student from 1912 to 1915, and E. Everett H. Cain owned a camera and film shop in Boulder with his partner, Samuel J. Blythe Jr. The Musa Calkins and E. Everett H. Cain Photographs contain photo albums with photographs of the University of Colorado campus as well as locations around Colorado between 1912 and 1915.
The Norlin Quadrangle Historic District at the University of Colorado, was officially made a National Historic District in 1980. The Norlin Quadrangle Historic District Photo Collection consists of 45 photographs of buildings, landscaping, and general scenic views of the Norlin Quadrangle. There are twelve buildings included in the Historic District, which includes 335 acres of land. Guide available in Special Collections and Archives.