UA. University of Colorado Boulder History and Records
Found in 117 Collections and/or Records:
Robert Greene was a former graduate student at the University of Colorado. Greene was an activist in the Boulder area during the late 1960’s and the early 1970’s. The collection includes material on Anti-Vietnam War, activism of the 1960’s and 1970’s, and WFM/IUMMSW.
Robert L. Stearns was the sixth President of the University of Colorado at Boulder and served from 1939 until 1953. Before he became President, he served as the Dean of the Law School at CU-Boulder. This collection includes financial and legal information, congratulatory correspondence for his appointment as President, documents concerning his military service, as well as correspondence from his later years.
Rosetta Wolcott, wife of Charles A. Wolcott, was a teaching assistant for Mary Rippon at the University of Colorado at Boulder and in 1920 joined the staff of the Romance Language Dept., retiring as Assistant Professor in French and Spanish in 1948. She then served as a correspondence instructor in the Extension Division. She also traveled to Europe on several occasions. Papers include diaries for the years 1904-1909, 1948-1970; autograph books from 1888 and 1891; and memorabilia.
The Silver & Gold Record, the administration, faculty, and staff news organ of the University of Colorado was established in 1970. The collection includes an alphabetical clipping file for the years, 1970-1985, which was probably used as a research file for S&G Record staff. Also included are reports and documents relating to the origin of S&G Record. The collection also contains minutes from the faculty and staff editorial committee for the years, 1970-1985.
Files of the Non Traditional Students Center and single parents on campus, 1978-1981.
The collection consists of student response papers pertaining to the Persian Gulf War in 1991. Responses to the war in general, to where the students were when the war began, and letters from the students to their future children are included. Obtained from HIST 1025 recitation classes.
A research paper on the Colorado Ku Klux Klan, titled Cloaks of Little Courage. Written by University of Colorado student, Thomas Meier, for Dr. Hal Bridge’s class, American Society and Thought Since 1860.
The Town and Gown Club is an organization of men from the University of Colorado and Boulder, Colorado businesses who meet monthly for discussions on numerous subjects. It was begun on October 24, 1925 by Doctors George Light, E.C. Eckhardt, Lucius Reed, George Reynolds and Robert Sterling, and continues to function. The collection contains a brief history of the club and membership lists.
The Office of Assistant Vice Chancellor for Academic Services for the Boulder Campus of University of Colorado first appears in the University of Colorado Student Directory in 1980. The Assistant Vice Chancellor for Academic Services consists mostly of annual reports from 1980-19983 and admission correspondence of different schools.
The Office of Associate Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs for the Boulder Campus of the University of Colorado first appears in the University of Colorado Student Directory in 1974, as part of a general restructuring of the University of Colorado into a four campus system. The Associate Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs; Faculty Affairs Collection consists mostly of files regarding the faculty of Boulder Campus from 1974 to 1980.
Graduate work at the University of Colorado began early in the school’s history in 1883 and became its own separate school in 1906. Throughout the Graduate School’s history, many changes in its structure and function have been made. The Graduate School Collection documents these changes and the School’s history through Graduate Faculty and Executive Committee on Graduate School minutes, applications to the school and numerous documents on the School’s administration.
The Hiking Club at the University of Colorado at Boulder has a long history as the school’s oldest student organization. Since its inception, it has provided a variety of outdoor activities for CU students and faculty, as well as the Boulder community. With a large alumni association the Hiking Club has established a far reaching network, spanning over generations of former members.
The Post-Studio Art Teaching Collection contains materials collected and used by the CU Boulder Libraries for instruction in Post-Studio Art classes.
This collection contains material received from several University of Colorado departments that have provided publicity and public relations services to the University, including photography, publicity publications, film and video, news and other media. Although there were many changes to the department name and structure, the core services have remained the same.
Compilation of University of Colorado scrapbooks from residence halls and individuals.
The Office of the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs for the Boulder Campus of the University of Colorado, first appears in the University of Colorado Student Directory in 1974, as part of a general restructuring of the University of Colorado into a four campus system. The Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs Collection contains mostly academic and administrative records regarding the colleges, departments, and centers of Boulder Campus, 1970-1987.
The Office of Assistant Vice Chancellor for Academic Services for the Boulder Campus of University of Colorado first appears in the University of Colorado Student Directory in 1980. The Assistant Vice Chancellor for Academic Services consists mostly of annual reports from 1980-1983 and admission correspondence of different schools.
A new sort of club, sometimes known as the Dames Club, consisting of student wives, emerged on campus, serving to connect the otherwise separated wives and mothers of students. Papers and records (1940 – 1971) document the organization and activities of the University of Colorado Dames Club, and the National Association of University Dames Club.
The College of Engineering and Applied Science at CU-Boulder was founded in 1893. This collection contains photographs pertaining to the Engineering College in the 1980s.