UA. University of Colorado Boulder History and Records
Found in 117 Collections and/or Records:
The University of Colorado at Boulder Library Archives contains materials produced by the Norlin Library administration, departments, and campus branch libraries. Selected materials are added as received and split into series based on contents. As of 2011, the material has since been shipped offsite to the PASCAL facility.
The Office of VPAA then took on the complex issues of program review, program discontinuance, and program moves, curriculum, and intercampus coordination. These papers consist largely of the office files of Thurston Manning, and contain minutes, budgets, memos, correspondence, proposals for nearly all university activities and colleges.
Papers concern the New Anderson Ditch Company, the Smith and Goss Ditch Company, and the Vineland Lateral Ditch Company.
The University of Women’s Club (1919-1970s), at the University of Colorado, began in the home of Mrs. George Norlin on December 12, 1919, and was formally organized in May, 1924. The goal of this organization was to foster the community spirit among women on the faculty and wives of faculty members. The collection contains papers and records (1919–1995) documenting the organization and activities of the University (Faculty) Women’s Club of the University of Colorado.
This collection contains Skeats’s love letters to David W. Stone, September 1946- June 1947. A CU student from 1946-1949, Skeats belonged to the Society for Women Architects and Engineers, and lived in Harding Hall. Her 46 letters discuss social events at CU and whether it would be possible for her to both marry and have a career.
Virginia Neal Blue served as a University of Colorado Regent from 1952-1958. She was also a partner in the Blue and Blue real estate firm, and earned many awards for excellence throughout her career in both public service and the private sector. Ms. Blue later helped form the Public Employees Retirement Association and was elected Colorado State Treasurer, an office she served from 1966 until her death in 1970.
Walter Chatfield attended the University of Colorado after World War II. The collection contains rules and program booklets regarding the Chi Epsilon honorary society and ephemera and a photograph from Chatfield’s attendance at CU, 1946-1949.