Skip to main content

CU Heritage Center records

 Collection
Identifier: COU:277

Abstract

Donated by the University of Colorado Heritage Center, includes 5 portraits of Sewall, Farrand, Hellems, Nichols, and Brackett. Information in this collection relates to University of Colorado History, specifically Professor Adolf Buseman, University of Colorado Athletic department and the Silver and Gold newspaper publication. Collection is unprocessed

Dates

  • 1880 - 1949

Historical Note

The CU Heritage Center was started in 1985, after an extensive renovation of Old Main. The original collections that comprised the center’s display were assembled by Alumni Association volunteers. The Alumni Association continues to operate the Heritage Center today. The Center collects memorabilia and artifacts pertinent to the history of the University of Colorado, and is housed in Old Main, since, as the original campus building, Old Main is symbolic of CU’s history. Contents of the collections are used for research, publications, exhibition, and education.

Extent

9 linear feet

Language of Materials

English

Status
Completed
Author
Unknown
Date
Unknown
Description rules
Describing Archives: A Content Standard
Language of description
English
Script of description
Latin

Repository Details

Part of the University of Colorado Boulder Libraries, Special Collections & Archives Repository

Contact:
1720 Pleasant Street
184 UCB
Boulder Colorado 80503 United States