Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Scope and Contents This collection consists of eight photographs from the excavations at Awat'ovi on the Hopi Indian Reservation. The photographs feature members of the excavation party and many are labeled with names. Captions for the photographs follow:1: Earl H. Morris and A. V. "Ted" Kidder seated outside a doorway. 2: Unidentified young child, Al Lancaster, J. O. Brew, and Evelyn Brew standing next to car and open gate. 3a: Group photo with tents in background. J. O. Brew...
Scope and Contents This collection contains documents, photographs, and objects collected or created by Joe Ben Wheat (1916-1997), archaeologist and curator at the University of Colorado Museum of Natural History. Textual material in the collection includes correspondence, newspaper clippings, magazines, academic journal articles, student papers and dissertations, manuscripts, maps, archaeological site reports, professional society conference materials, and ephemera. Photographic material includes photographic...
Scope and Contents The Yellow Jacket collection consists of documents and photographs created by faculty, students, and staff in the course of operating an archaeological field school at an area known as the Joe Ben Wheat Complex, or Yellow Jacket, in southwestern Colorado. Yellow Jacket is recognized as one of the most important archaeological remnants of the Mesa Verde branch of Ancestral Puebloan culture. The University of Colorado Museum of Natural History (CUMNH) operated a field school at...
Dates: 1954-2006 (Inclusive); 1954-1991 (Bulk)
- Subject: Excavations (Archaeology) -- Photographs X
- Collection catalogs 2
- Excavations (Archaeology) 2
- Photographs 2
- Slides (photographs). 2
- Business correspondence 1
- Field notes 1
- Indians of North America -- Southwest, New -- Antiquities 1
- Manuscript maps 1
- Museum curators 1
- Navajo textile fabrics 1
- Personal correspondence 1
- University of Colorado student life 1
- Yellow Jacket Site (Colo.) 1 ∧ less
- Brew, J. O. (John Otis), 1906-1988 1
- Cosgrove, H. S. (Harriet Silliman), 1877-1970 1
- Haury, Emil W. (Haury, Emil Walter), 1904-1992 1
- Kidder, Alfred Vincent, 1885-1963 1
- Wheat, Joe Ben, 1916-1997 1