Showing Collections: 271 - 300 of 1718
Danielson grew up in Basalt, Colorado. Clarence became a railroad man and Ralph an ophthalmologist.
This collection contains thirty-one photographs of the University Camp taken by both Claude and Evelyn Settles, and Charles F. Snow, a Boulder, Colorado photographer.
Clay Malick came to the University of Colorado in 1936 as a Political Science professor specializing in constitutional law and political theory. During WWII he served as a consultant on the War Labor Board.
Clem Yore (1875-1936) who was a lawyer, newspaperman, poet and novelist. He tells of his father and grandfather’s days as Mississippi River steamboat captains, and his own days in Creede, Cripple Creek and other mining towns.
Clifford Houston (1903-1995) was the President of Mesa College (1931-1937); the Director of the Extension Center, Dean of Summer Session, Dean of the Division of Adult Education and Dean of Students at the University of Colorado (1937-1957) ( see Vice President for Student Affairs); and Professor of Education at the University of Colorado 1957 until his retirement in 1971.
Club 20 was organized by Preston Walker, publisher of the Grand Junction Daily Sentinel, and a group of business leaders from across the Western Slope. While originally organized to acquire more highway funds for rural roads in western Colorado, the success of this venture led the group to work on other mutual concerns such as agriculture, timber, energy, uranium, oil shale, and tourism issues.
The 10th Mountain Division was the alpine ski division of the U.S. military during World War II; the soldiers of the 10th Mountain Division trained in Colorado, California, and Washington State and fought in the Italian Alps.
Portfolio from conference at Pennsylvania State University Dec., 2-3, 1977. Lists collections, acquisitions, publications, and ongoing research pertinent to coal mining. Also includes a survey of Coal Mining Archives.
The Arts and Science Faculty Oral History Project contains oral interviews from prominent retired faculty whose careers extended from World War II until the 1990s. Included are deans and faculty of the College of Arts and Sciences at the University of Colorado at Boulder. The project was undertaken by the Retired Faculty Organization from 1984 to 1993. Some of the audiotapes were transcribed using funds granted by the University of Colorado’s President's Office.
A collection of articles about the College of the Southwest, Del Norte, Colorado, and the San Luis Valley. Included are histories of the College and the area; a letter to prospective students dated 1893; correspondence; 2 issues of "Colorado Magazine" containing articles on the College; 2 photos showing the observatory dome and the razing of the school in 1959; a book titled Hand on My Shoulder by Reverend Gabino Rendon; and a book titled Story of San Luis Valley by Frank Spencer.
This photographic exhibit, organized by the Colorado chapter of the American Institute of Architects, records Colorado's architectural history from 1859-1959.
The Colorado Association of Conservation District serves as the unified voice for the conservation districts of Colorado, facilitating outreach, education and support of landowners in their stewardship of natural resources. They work with private farm and ranch landowners and small ranchette owners and other suburban developments to assist in wise and proper management of natural resources.
The working files of the Colorado Association of School Boards from 1940-1960 which comprises fourteen (14) manuscript boxes. Organized for the purpose of improving the efficiency of and effectiveness of public schools and public education in Colorado, the files over CASB correspondence, financial records, membership records, committees, conventions, state and district school boards, and legislative efforts.
Photographs put together by the Colorado Chapter of the American Institute of Architects and displayed by the Smithsonian Institute’s Traveling Exhibition Service. Collection consists of negatives and photographs of Colorado towns, scenery, mountains, agriculture, mining, industries, and wildlife. The photographs predominately date from the 1920s and 1930s.
The Colorado Chautauqua Organization was organized in 1897 and holds sessions each summer in Boulder, Colorado. The collection contains the early history of Chautauqua, the programs and bulletins of the Colorado Chautauqua from 1902-1949.
Promotional material distributed by the Colorado City Development Company about their planned real estate development near Pueblo.
Donated by the Rocky Flats Cold War Museum, the Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment Reading Room contains 210 linear feet of publications regarding Rocky Flats plant.